This week’s post is really not something you will come accross when developing a business application with QlikView, but rather it is a bit random, and somwhat fun. We will go through the required steps to read data stored in your iPhone, such as Call History, SMS Messages, Contacts list, Notes, etc.
I can actually think of a real use for this: You can have a data model with the Calls Table associated to the Contacts List (to get the names) and the SMS table, maybe with a Link Table or master calendar to associate the Date stored in the SMS table with the Date stored in the Call Log. Then, you would use this information to answer a few questions:
- Whom do I call the most?
- On average, how many calls do I make per day?
- How much time do I spend on the phone (call time) per month?
- Did the Phone company charge me correctly according to the extra minutes I used?
- What is the percentage of Outgoing vs Incoming call time?
- You can even detect patterns in your SMS messages that make you realize you should instead make a phone call instead of sending 10 messages.